Date:      Mon, 28 Mar 2005 02:09:52 +0000
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@chuckr.org>
To:        Jiawei Ye <leafy7382@gmail.com>
Cc:        java <freebsd-java@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: eclipse

Jiawei Ye wrote:

> I believe you cannot compile 32bit code into 64bit binary for SWT at
> the moment. We need a direct port for SWT-3.0.x-linux-gtk-amd64 for
> this to work at all.

OK, I believe you are right on this.  Do you know of any better
candidate as the best java gui design tool, for the amd64 platform,
given the current state of the art?  I wouldn't necessarily restrict it
to free software, but if they're  pricing it so only large teams of
programmers can afford it, that knocks them out also (it needs to be
priiced so an individual such as you and I can afford it).

I don't mind doing a porting job, I sometimes actually enjoy it, but I
don't want to waste my time, either.