Date:      Fri, 1 Jun 2001 08:48:51 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Jonathan Lemon <jlemon@flugsvamp.com>
To:        past@netmode.ntua.gr, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problems with the new fxp(4) driver..

In article <local.mail.freebsd-stable/20010601155110.B43525@netmode.ece.ntua.gr> you write:
>On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 01:02:17AM -0700, scanner@apricot.com wrote:
>> So it looks like support for the i82562ET vs. the i82555 is broken
>> in some fashion under 4.3-stable.
>
>I am experiencing the same problems in a machine that functions as a
>bridge. The machine has a fairly recent 4.3-STABLE and the integrated
>card occasionally prints "SCB timeout" messages. On the positive side,
>the machine recovers from this situation after a while. The situation
>was worse before I upgraded to 4.3-STABLE and I am still wondering
>whether it would make sense to backport the changes in version 1.113
>of /sys/dev/fxp/if_fxp.c and vesrion 1.18 of /sys/dev/fxp/if_fxpvar.h.

It will not hurt, but while some users have reported success with
this patch, it doesn't appear to solve the problem in 100% of the
cases.  I would suggest going ahead and applying those changes to
see if it helps in your situation.

In the meantime, I'm working on finding a real fix for the problem.
--
Jonathan