Date:      Thu, 21 Aug 1997 10:34:35 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
To:        hlwong@asiapac.net (Wong Horn Lim)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: moving password from solaris to freebsd

In a previous message, Wong Horn Lim said:
> hi all,
>   I need some tips on moving my users from Sun machine to
> a freebsd machine.
>   I have a Sun ultra 2, Solaris 2.5.1 server and running radius,
> and I am going to have one freebsd 2.2.2-release machine to run as radius
> server,
> and free up my Sun, is there anyway i can move my users account and
> password from solaris to freebsd without reseting all their password ?

You'll probably need to write a script to either put the shadow file
into master.passwd format or just combine it into passwd and use
pwconv.

But, the passwords will transfer fine, as long as you have installed the
DES package on FreeBSD.

--
"I would have to say that if God would have wanted us to vote, he
 would have given us real candidates." - April Skappel, 17, Winona, Minn.