Date:      Fri, 19 Feb 1999 03:40:02 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Ruslan Ermilov <ru@ucb.crimea.ua>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fdisk

In message <19990219122814.A65108@ucb.crimea.ua> Ruslan Ermilov writes:
: I suppose, you're talking about compatibility mode disk, are you?
: If yes, `fdisk -t -u' is supposed to test it, and `fdisk -u' -- to do it.

That doesn't work.  That's kinda my whole point.

: Could you tell us about the differences?

In a nutshell, they have been enhanced to do the math that we've all
done a zillion times (hmm, that last partition started at 132354
and was 12341235 sectors long, so the next partition starts at ...).
Also they are nicer about editing things than the raw, bruit force
approach that fdisk especially currently uses.

Warner