Date:      Thu, 11 Feb 1999 09:40:32 -0800 (PST)
From:      Gus R Bourg <gus@Speed.FreeI.Net>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   PAM and SQL?

Hello,

I've been trying to find a way to get the system to authenticate using an
SQL database. My first idea was to modify NIS to use an SQL serfer for
authentication, but then it was brought to my attention that this had
already been talked about using PAM.

Does anyone know if PAM provides full authentication services? E.g. will
programs like radiusd still function w/o modification? Do you guys think
that PAM would be a good starting point? :) I'd love to hear new ideas on
this.

Thanks!
Gus Bourg