Date:      Tue, 5 May 1998 14:02:01 -0700
From:      steve.shoecraft@microchip.com (Steve Shoecraft)
To:        potok@friko.onet.pl, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re[2]: Oracle 7 on FreeBSD

--IMA.Boundary.391204498

     I too run Oracle 7 (7.3.3.5.1) on HP-UX (10.20).  I thought it'd be
     great if I could get it running at home on my FreeBSD box.  FTP'd the
     image from Oracle and installed it.  Seems to work great, like I said,
     except the networking (SQL*Net).

     The note you attached indicated that I should install Oracle on an SCO
     box, then copy the stuff over to FreeBSD.  I don't have an SCO box,
     and would still like to re-link SQL*Net.

     Let me ask the question I have in another way:

        o Is it possible to convert the SCO object files (ELF?) to what
     FreeBSD uses natively (COFF?)?

        o If I can't convert the object files, can I link the object files
     together to make a binary?

     - Steve