Date:      Tue, 31 Aug 1999 22:14:10 -0700
From:      Jeff Goodwin <connyank@pacbell.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ftp

hey guys - every way I try it, I cannot get a FTp connect - either "name
cannot be resolved" or "service unavailable" (when I use ip URL of
several sites found via ping).

What may I be doing wrong??

PacBell uses dynamic addressing, so nothing seems amiss there - can
connect with isp OK, at least through MTU #.
 Any suggestions?

using amd 586, 234 mg hd totally dedicated to freeBSD, 16 mg ram, 33k
modem, Trident vga.
trying to learn unix via old box, is this worth it?  Have been through
just about all the print on the Net.

Thanks,
jg