Date:      Tue, 28 Jan 2003 09:31:34 -0800 (PST)
From:      Mark Miller <joup@bnet.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 5.0 on Dell Inspiron 2650

Hello,

I'm trying to put 5.0-RELEASE on my new laptop, and I found a good guide
for doing so with 4.x-- basically, you have to escape the autoboot
process, type boot -c, enter "eisa 0" at the "config>" prompt, and then
quit to start the boot.  But it seems like 5.0 does not support boot -c
(just ignores it entirely).  I'm using the disc 1 .iso (it mentions
mini-inst during the pre-boot stages).  Can anybody tell me what I'm doing
wrong, or what the replacement for boot -c is?

Thanks in advance,
Mark