Date:      Fri, 08 May 1998 02:23:10 -0700
From:      Brad Smith <mr_poe@cats.ucsc.edu>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Kernel source?

I was reading up on doing a custom kernel for freebsd. The tutorial
pointed me to /usr/src/sys/conf to begin work and said that if that
direcotry didn't exist to read the information on packages and install
"that package". I couldn't find this information. I found the stuff on
packages, yes, but nothing about which package is the source for the
Kernel or whatever I need to have inside /usr/src/sys/conf (which is
empty right now). Can you point me to the right spot (I even did a
search, but to no avail) or give me some kind of help?

Thanks,
Brad