Date:      Mon, 18 Feb 2002 19:59:22 -0500
From:      Jud <jud@operamail.com>
To:        dmmcf@uiuc.edu (D. Michael McFarland)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   RE: Advice sought re MS Office compatibility

Apologies that this isn't properly threaded - my account for this ML
seems to be resisting all attempts to download the mail today.  (And
after you read my dubious suggestion, you may wonder why I went to
the trouble.;)

Just idly thinking that HTML is about as OS-independent a language as
there is, and there are some not-bad TeX-to-HTML converters (at least
one I know of particularly for equation-heavy material).  So your office
buddies can view your papers in their browsers of choice, or -
MWAHAHAHA! - use MS Word's "ability" to render HTML.  (I don't
know if PowerPoint is supposed to be able to do something similar.)

Jud