Date:      Sat, 19 Oct 1996 18:12:34 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb>
To:        yves@CC.McGill.CA (Yves Lepage)
Cc:        paul@nation-net.com, totii@est.is, questions@freebsd.org, yves@maelstrom.CC.McGill.CA
Subject:   Re: M$ mail

Yves Lepage wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What is think the real question is:
>
> One of our depts here runs the M$ SMTP gateway to get mail
> from the Internet to be delivered to M$ users. The same gateway
> is also used to deliver to the Internet, mail that's been sent by the
> M$ users (hence the term: gateway).
>
> The problem is, at least with the version that the dept runs,
> that it is very (make it very E +100000) instable and it can only
> accept messages with a limited size, which is relatively small
> (around 32K if you want to make your MTBF > 2 minutes).

	one of my associates use "MS Fail" at work.

	Email comes from the Internet to a FreeBSD box
	which then sends it on to the "MS Fail" box.

	Outbound mail comes from "MS Fail" to FreeBSD and then
	to teh Internet.

	"MS Fail" fails just as often as before, but at
	least they have connectivity andnd spool the mail
	until some one reboot s the "MS Fail" box.

jmb
--
Jonathan M. Bresler           FreeBSD Postmaster             jmb@FreeBSD.ORG
FreeBSD--4.4BSD Unix for PC clones, source included. http://www.freebsd.org/