Date:      Sun, 17 Aug 1997 00:15:53 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Alex Belits <abelits@phobos.illtel.denver.co.us>
To:        Nicolas Souchu <Nicolas.Souchu@prism.uvsq.fr>
Cc:        FreeBSD hackers <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: QCam port to ppbus

On Sat, 16 Aug 1997, Nicolas Souchu wrote:

> Hey! the software already exists for the QCam. I didn't think so.
>
> I was straying into saying it should be a rewrite of the Linux driver.
> That's a port then, not a rewrite.
>
> Who administrate it at FreeBSD?
>
> What is the struture of the soft? There's a driver, libraries, viewers?

A lot of different librarties for quickcam were written, and most of them
work on FreeBSD. My qcread
(http://phobos.illtel.denver.co.us/pub/qcread/README.html) was originally
written for Linux and works on FreeBSD.

--
Alex

P.S. Yes, Quickcam is slow and rather pain in the ass to program for, but
I've managed to make reasonably light on resource streaming webcam (about
1 fps, color camera can't send 320x240 faster) that is continuously
working on PPro 200 box with FreeBSD that happens to be my main
development box at work, and 2 cameras with 0.1 fps (one color and
one b&w) on my 486dx2-80 Linux box at home.