Date:      Wed, 19 Jul 2006 08:16:14 -0600
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        Mikhail Goriachev <mikhailg@webanoide.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: :::. Sendmail & WorkAroundBrokenAAAA.

On Wednesday, July 19, 2006, at 01:09  AM, Mikhail Goriachev wrote:

> Doug Hardie wrote:
>>
>> That option has worked quite well for me.  However, there may be
>> something unusual with the DNS for that domain.  You will probably
>> need to provide some specifics on the domain so we can see what DNS
>> is returning.
>>

> Thanks for looking into this. I just realised that the domain in
> question got fixed overnight after notifying the sysadmin. I guess =
this
> is a good thing, yet I'm left puzzled with the difference between
> confBIND_OPTS option and compiled INET6 support.

WorkAroundBrokenAAAA does not disable IPv6 lookups, it simply changes=20
the behaviour  when receiving SERVFAIL during an IPv6 lookup.

 =46rom the sendmail ops manual

   Use =93WorkAroundBrokenAAAA=94 when faced with a broken nameserver =
that
   returns SERVFAIL (a temporary failure) on T_AAAA (IPv6) lookups=20
during hostname
   canonification.

Dan