Date:      Sat, 28 Jun 1997 20:55:07 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        Joshua Fielden <shag@concentric.net>
Cc:        Icebox <gwe1105@ms2.hinet.net>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to install AfterStep 1.0 window manager ?

Joshua Fielden:
 |I am writing this under AfterStep right now, but I did notice the cool
 |clock module did not come with the port, nor does the "showaudio"
 |script, yet the WM keept calling for showaudio until I stopped that. So
 |that's what will happen when you do get it installed. :-)
 |
 |As to how to install it, make sure and get the Afterstep port from the
 |freebsd page then do:
 |
 |     % pkg_add afterstep-1.0.tgz                                <--
 |     insert exact name in place of.

I too am writing this under Afterstep 1.0.  Cool window manager!  Built it
myself 2 months ago before the port existed.  The source package builds
without much trouble, so you might go that route to get asclock, but use
the port to make live really easy.  Then just build the asclock module and
copy it somewhere.

Also, showaudio is a script that comes with the metamail port (mm-2.7).
Essentially it boils down to cat > /dev/audio.  Of course, if you want to
play other file formats, substitute in the appropriate player for
*AudioPlayCmd (e.g. rplay).

Randall Hopper