Date:      Wed, 26 Jul 2000 14:44:50 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@urx.com>
To:        John Reynolds~ <jreynold@sedona.ch.intel.com>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Ports and 4.1-Stable (was README.TXT and RELNOTES.TXT not updated before  release tag?)

John Reynolds~ wrote:

> [ On Wednesday, July 26, Kent Stewart wrote: ]
> >
> > I have all 3 of my machines running builds of 4.1-stable and
> > everything seems to be cool.
> >
> > One thing I haven't seen is how or what do you do with ports. Do you
> > rebuild in general or what?
> >

> I know one thing that needs to be rebuilt for sure--if you use GNOME and or
> anything that depends on libgtop, pkd_delete it and rebuild libgtop. I use the
> "cpumon" applet and it happily won't load when we transition across STABLE->RC
> and RC->RELEASE->STABLE transitions.

I guess I'm lucky then because I happened to like KDE and it seems to
be working just fine. I added GNOME to my system but never ended up
using it. KDE also fit into kdevelope.

I had noticed the ports INDEX had changed. We have 3613 ports and was
getting ready to do a pkg_version -c and see what was behind. With a
new system, I thought some of them would be more important to upgrade
than others. Especially after the change to the new /binutils.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA

mailto:kbstew99@hotmail.com

Bomber dropping fire retardant in front of Hanford Wild fire.
http://kstewart.urx.com/kstewart/bomber.jpg