Date:      Thu, 25 Jul 2002 16:28:13 -0500
From:      "Jaime Bozza" <jbozza@thinkburst.com>
To:        <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Abominable NFSv3 read performance / FreeBSD server / Solaris client

Finally!  I believe I found the best fix for the problem.

Even with setting tcp_deferred_ack_interval to 1 it was still slow.  I
set that parameter back to 100 and set tcp_deferred_acks_max to 0
(disabling deferred acks basically) and suddenly things were as fast as
they could be.  (Faster than any of my previous times when I was
adjusting rsize)

Again, there may be some other problem with windowing and such, but this
fix is certainly easier than trying to track the windowing problem down.
(Especially since I was never having good luck there)

Jaime