Date:      Mon, 22 Nov 2004 23:46:42 +0200
From:      Cezar Fistik <cezar@arax.md>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re[2]: tunneling everything

Hello Andrei,

AI> Hi! I am looking for a solution to this problem: I
AI> want to make a tcp tunneling. The ssh tunneling
AI> doesn`t satisies me because I don`t want to tunnel a
AI> specific service, I want to tunnel everything. For
AI> example: I would like my host to route everything
AI> through a tcp tunnel. I would like to see what
AI> solutions exist on FreeBSD. Please give just some
AI> links. Thank you in advance!

It is called Virtual Private Network, or just VPN, and not only on
FreeBSD. In general, I don't know about such thing as TCP tunneling,
instead there is IP tunneling which is encapsulating some protocols,
routeble or not, in ip packets. SSH doesn't use any tunneling, it uses
ordinary TCP connection on port 22, with one exception, it encrypts
everything that is sent accross this connection.
So, I assume you need a tunnel between two hosts to transport some non
routable or routable protocols (may be even "ip in ip") with  or
without encryption. If this is the case try to configure at first a
tunnel without encryption and when you're sure everything works add some
encryption algorithms.

--
Best regards,
Cezar                            mailto:cezar@arax.md