Date:      Fri, 05 Sep 1997 12:33:28 -0400
From:      Gerry McOmber <gsm1@uno.cc.geneseo.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Changing Root

Hi!
I have installed FreeBSD 2.2.1 on my secondary master hard disk.  I have
windows95b on as my primary master.  I installed the boot manager and
everything works correctly until I choose to boot on the disk with FreeBSD
on it. Everything seems to load correctly until the end where I get these
messages.

Changing root device to wd1a
panic cannot mount root
syncing disks.....done
Automatic reboot in 15 seconds -Press a key on the console to abort.

It will do this every time. Now if I open my computer and switch the disks
around to BSD as the primary master and the windows95 disk to the secondary
master, BSD boots right to the Login.  But it hangs when trying to boot
windows95b.
Any thoughts?

-Gerry