Date:      Tue, 10 Apr 2001 16:42:45 +0400
From:      alex <jadream@chat.ru>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Urgent: SysV msg queue strange behaviour

Please help me!
I'm in a real trouble with that.

I have FreeBSD 4.2 on a common i386 pc with SysV IPC configured and
recompiled kernel.

Everything goes well untill I create more than 128 processes sending
messages (24bytes in size) to the same queue at a time with flags = 0
(Blocking mode) and 1 process getting them all with flags = 0 (Blocking
mode too).
After  queue size rises up to 70 -180 all processes hangs - both the
ones that sends (what's naturally) and the one that gets (that's strange

to my mind).
Hence I have dead lock.
With all this I have in my kernel config file options like that
MSGMNI=64
MSGMAX=256
MSGMNB=2048*24
MSGTQL=2048

I used semaphores to block sending messages processes until receiver
cleares whole queue and it all works but total performance go down
dramatically :0(

Any idea how to handle that?

Alexander Komratov