Date:      Fri, 28 Feb 2003 19:19:09 -0500 (EST)
From:      Michael Scheidell <scheidell@secnap.net>
To:        smace@freebsd.org
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: libnet-devel-1.1.0

Can't get snort stable to compile on FBSD 4.7.
Snort 1.9 released compiled just fine.

Its late, so I might have missed something, but I can't seem to compile
the snort-stable 1.9 (from ftp as of Feb 28th).

I wanted to incorporate the latest bug fixes before venturing into a 2.0
test.

First, it needed automake1.6 (not just supported in Fbsd Ports yet?) but
seems to compile and install fine.

then it complained about libnet-config and --cflags, said I should inform
the *BSD ports maintainers (greets, it doesn't install right under FBSD
ports)

I had to install the libnet-devel version in ports (1.1.0)

still complains:

configure: WARNING: libnet-config --cflags is broken on your system.  If
you
configure: WARNING: are using a *BSD port please notify the port
maintainer.
configure: WARNING: libnet-config --libs is broken on your system.  If you
configure: WARNING: are using a *BSD port please notify the port
maintainer.
checking libnet.h usability... yes
checking libnet.h presence... no
configure: WARNING: libnet.h: accepted by the compiler, rejected by the
preprocessor!

Since so many people are using FBSD I thought I would ask what they did to
workaround the problem.

--
Michael Scheidell, CEO
SECNAP Network Security, LLC