Date:      Tue, 18 Apr 2000 18:22:00 -0500
From:      "Harold Pulcher - Killer Computing" <pulcher@killercomputing.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Tape drives...

I need a suggestion on a scsi card/tape drive solution for my 3.4-stable
box.

I have an EXB-8500 and a Adaptec 1505.  However, I am having problems with
the EXB.  Even if I were to get that working I have about 40 Gigs of total
space.  I need to be able to do a full dump.  I was thinking of an ADIC
1200D.  It seemed to be a good price point on the net, and I don't mind
visiting the colo once a week for a tape change.

I have read on some problems with the chio or changing the tapes.

I did have some problems getting the tape online when I was at 3.2-stable,
but of course it wasn't supported. :)

Also, I planning on using amanda.  I have in use at a few client locations
and I really like the product especially considering the price/feature
tradeoff.

Any thoughts would be welcome.

Harold