Date:      Fri, 2 Apr 1999 13:47:29 +0200
From:      Dirk Froemberg <dirk@freebsd.org>
To:        Ulf Zimmermann <ulf@Alameda.net>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Port files for vile 8.2 and Apache1.3.6-php3-modperl

Hi Ulf!

Generally it would be great to have a PR for this kind of things...
If it is an upgrade to an existing port please send a diff between
the old and the new version not the full version.

In the case of apache13-php3-modperl I don't think we want to have
another (would be the 10th) apache* port. Furthermore I don't like
to become the maintainer of a port I never have seen before.

Anyway, I would like to integrate your modperl changes in the existing
apache13-php3 and make it another option if you have no objections.
I have to upgrade apache13-php3 to Apache 1.3.6 anyway.

After the integration we need another name for apache13-php3.
It became inappropriate after the modssl merge already.
It should be generic. Perhaps something like apache13+options...

	Regards Dirk

--
e-mail: dirk@FreeBSD.ORG