Date:      Thu, 20 Aug 1998 17:12:36 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Brent J. Nordquist" <bjn@visi.com>
To:        jb@cimlogic.com.au (John Birrell)
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD/Alpha make buildworld stops at groff

| Are you running a native kernel?

Absolutely, kernel.avanti that you sent me, with the binaries from that
big .tar.gz in your home directory (bin, usr/bin, etc.).  It compiled
partway and then just stopped.

Since I posted that message, I've had the kernel panic twice.
I'm starting over again on the theory that I've screwed something up.

One question:  are the NetBSD ffs and FreeBSD ufs filesystems compatible?
One thing I didn't do when switching from the John Birrell hybrid
environment was re-newfs the filesystems; I've just been mounting them
as ufs under the native environment.

--
Brent J. Nordquist / bjn@visi.com   |   Windows not found
W: +1 612 905-7806                  |   (C)heer, (D)ance, (S)ing?