Date:      Tue, 22 Feb 2005 07:57:11 +0100
From:      Bachelier Vincent <vincent_bachelier@yahoo.fr>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mount in user mode && USBD for external HDD

In fact,
device "da[0-9]+"

doesn't match when I plug my hdd
I need to put device "umass[0-9]+"

and the ${DEVICENAME} = umass0 for exemple
I don't know how to obtain the pseudo "da" device with just information umass0
Use sysctl or devinfo doesn't match it
The only way I have found to get this information is to extract it from dmesg
But it's not really a fine way

Well, have an idea ?

--
Vincent Bachelier <vincent_bachelier@yahoo.fr>
Societe : Solintech

Citation (fortune):

Most people wouldn't know music if it came up and bit them on the ass.
		-- Frank Zappa