Date:      Sat, 27 Sep 1997 17:02:18 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Brian N. Handy" <handy@sag.space.lockheed.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Default routes?

Hey folks,

I'm setting up another laptop here with the box stock FreeBSD
distribution, and ... I may just be tired or I may have a real question.

If I insert my ethernet card, how does the default route get set up?
I believe in a normal desktop this gets set up in rc.network with the
defaultrouter variable from rc.conf.  But this just doesn't work since the
pccard isn't up and running yet typically.

Brazen suggestion:  should we do this in pccard_ether?  Then have a
variable like pccard_defaultrouter?  Or does it normally get handled in
some other more correct place?

Thanks,

Brian