Date:      Thu, 14 Jun 2007 15:02:40 +0200
From:      Ivan Voras <ivoras@fer.hr>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Disappearing userland output with -current

--------------enigE96A4D5CCF3BA78CD1CA16F9

Gary Jennejohn wrote:

> The symptom is that _all_ userland output disappears, which makes it
> rather difficult to do anything. I'm forced to reboot the box until
> the boot output isn't trashed.
>=20
> If I break into ddb then all the output becomes visible, but leaving
> ddb then results in no userland output appearing again.

Do you use vidcontrol to set different video mode?

How exactly does "output disappear"? Does the screen go blank? Does the=20
console just stop outputting characters?

Why do you say "userland output"? Do kernel messages appear? (You can=20
check this by e.g. inserting a USB memory stick in the machine).