Date:      Mon, 18 Mar 1996 15:34:15 +1000 (EST)
From:      Steve Milliner <steve@icis.qut.edu.au>
To:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Domain sockets / passing fd

> They're called 'msg_control' and 'msg_controllen', see recv(2).  I
> don't know why they have different names to the SunOS versions; I suspect
> it has a lot to do with SunOS being based on 4.2/4.3BSD, wheras
> the version in FreeBSD is from 4.4.

Exactly, but the code in Steven's (well the version I have anyway) uses
the older BSD style (ie. "msg_accrights" and "msg_accrightslen")
-- so when you said you got Steven's code to work
'out of the box' didn't you have to change it to incorporate
'msg_control' and 'msg_controllen' to get it to compile on FreeBsd ?

if so, this is exactly what I'm after!

because I've included msg_control and msg_controllen to get the program
to compile (which it does) - but I can't get the dam thing to run
ie. the "invalid parameter" error at run time.

If this is not the case I could bring in my coding attempts tomorrow?

Thanks very much for all this feed back, its greatly appreciated!

> I don't have a copy of 4.4lite to check with though.  Anyone care to
> comment on the renaming?  Could we perhaps have some compatability
> macros for cases like this?

yep, that'd be nice :>

Regs Stephen Milliner