Date:      Mon, 28 Oct 1996 07:53:05 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD bugs list)
Cc:        cain@geomag.gfdi.fsu.edu
Subject:   Re: misc/1877

As Joseph Cain wrote:

> I used the rawrite.exe which I found on the cd under tools, since
> the one on the web page under the 2.1.5 release was dated 1993.

:-)

It's such a simple thing so nobody ever had a need to change it again
afterwards.  The one from the CD is very likely exactly the same.

> I then booted from the floppy this created. It gave me some new
> options, but I think I did not rebuild the kernal and entered the same
> install menus as before from the 2.1.0 cdrom. I then got to the media
> portion and again it could not locate the cd-rom. The menu looked a
> little different this time, and offered me a couple of options after
> giving the error message about the cdrom.

Write down all boot messages starting with `wdc', `wd', or `wdc'.
Hint: once sysinstall has started, you can hit ScrLk, followed by PgUp
and PgDn to browse through the messages again.  Hitting ScrLk again
will return you to normal mode.

Also, type Alt-F2 and look for any CD-ROM related messages there.

--
cheers, J"org