Date:      Fri, 03 Oct 2003 03:46:23 +0200
From:      Frank Reppin <frank.reppin@boerde.de>
To:        jc@irbs.com
Cc:        Brandon Gale <brandon@globaldiagnostics.com>
Subject:   Re: MS Exchange

Hi,

John Capo wrote:

> Quoting Brandon Gale (brandon@globaldiagnostics.com):
>
>>Does anyone know of a port or piece of software that emulates a MS Exchange
>>server and interfaces with MS Outlook clients?  I'm trying to provide an
>>alternative to a potential client using Win2k simply for the only reason
>>that they require the functionality of an MS Exchange server.

well - opengroupware.org doesn't try to emulate MS Exchange.
In fact we try to reproduce the functionality you're familiar
with whilst using MS Exchange (by utilizing ZideStore Server/ZideLook
Plugin for Windows/and OpenGroupware.org itself ofcourse).

Thus you are welcome to test it and report your expierence to us!

> It pretty Linux centric but there are a few people that have managed
> to compile it on BSD boxen:
>
>     http://opengroupware.org/

Well - atm there's only a non-official port available (using older rpms).

http://www.opengroupware.org/cvsweb/cvsweb.cgi/linux-opengroupware.org/

which is the same as:

and awaits approval.... so please commit! :p
And I'll then add our latest `Outlook for OGo` feature into a ported
version :)

best regards,

frank

--