Date:      Tue, 11 Jun 2002 10:27:07 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dave McCammon <davemac11@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: abiword not printing

> Sorry if this is trivial but....
>
> I'm using kde3 with X4.2.0.
> Using apsfilter printing to a remote HP printer.
> I can print fine with everything else except for
> Abiword (ver 1.0.2 today).
>
> In AbiWord, I can print to a file but when printing
> lpr(AbiWord print menu) I get nothing(not even a
> blank
> page).
> I can command line it "lpr abitext.doc.ps" and the
> file prints ok.
> Any help is appreciated.

ok..I have gotten AbiWord to print by adding
 -P raw to lpr in the printer command text box(in
AbiWord). Which is a little annoying.

Here is my printcap(what apsfilter added to default)

# APS1_BEGIN:printer1
# - don't delete start label for apsfilter printer1
# - no other printer defines between BEGIN and END
LABEL
raw|lj5gray;r=600x600;q=medium;c=gray;p=letter;m=raw:\
    :lp=:\
    :rm=disted:\
    :rp=raw:\
 :if=/usr/local/etc/apsfilter/basedir/bin/apsfilter:\
    :sd=/var/spool/lpd/raw:\
    :lf=/var/spool/lpd/raw/log:\
    :af=/var/spool/lpd/raw/acct:\
    :mx#0:\
    :sf:\
    :rc:\
    :sh:
# APS1_END - don't delete this

Like is stated before, everything else prints OK.
Is this the norm for AbiWord or am I missing
something?