Date:      Wed, 15 Mar 2000 10:06:20 +0100
From:      Gary Jennejohn <garyj@peedub.muc.de>
To:        nqdc@orion-online.com.au
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Newsletter

"Ian Sorensen" writes:
>I have subscribed my e-mail address of nqdc@orion-online.com.au for your
>newsletter and I am having problems confirming this subscription to your
>list server. I keep on getting errors and I have followed all the
>instructions including the following : auth d8afcf48 subscribe
>freebsd-announce nqdc@orion-online.com.au and User ID - FBSD046783. Can
>you please subscribe my e-mail address to your list or please advise
>what I am doing wrong to confirm my subscription via your list server.

First of all, lose the HTML. Most UNIX mail readers can't handle it and
people just ignore mails with it.

Did you send the authorization mail to freebsd-announce ? That was a
mistake. It has to go to majordomo@freebsd.org, as the mail with the
authorization message very clearly stated. However, in spite of the
clear instructions provided many people send to the wrong list.

---
Gary Jennejohn / garyj@muc.de garyj@fkr.cpqcorp.net gj@freebsd.org