Date:      Tue, 30 Mar 2010 15:08:23 -0400
From:      "J. English" <j_english@kawasaki-tn.com>
To:        <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Workaround for mpd5 and 8.0 broken proxy arp?

Hello All,

I've recently set up a FreeBSD 8.0 VPN server with mpd5 for people to
connect remotely.  However, looking at my mpd.log shows that I'm having
problems with proxy-arp:
	[B-1] IFACE: No interface to proxy arp on for 192.168.1.185

In googling for solutions, I came across others who have posted to this list
who have had similar problems.  It also looks like a problem report has been
submitted for proxy arp being broken in 8.0 RELENG.

My options are 1) to wait until proxy arp is fixed (don't know how long that
will take), or 2) go back and implement my VPN using 7.2 (would require a
lot of effort).  I was wondering if anyone else could suggest other
alternatives that would allow my external clients to access my intranet
without proxy arp.