Date:      Fri, 20 Jun 1997 18:42:05 +0000
From:      Ali Rahimi <arahimi@e-planet.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   build problem with freebsd-stable.

Hi

su-2.00# ls /usr/src
Makefile        etc             lib             release         sys
SRC             gnu             libexec         sbin            usr.bin
bin             include         lkm             share           usr.sbin
su-2.00#

I have downloaded each of these individuall from the src directory of
FreeBSD-stable directory on ftp.freebsd.org (except for the local SRC
directory).

I make with

make -DMAKE_LOCAL -DMAKE_PORTS -DNOCLEANDIR -DNOCRYPT -DNOPROFILE
-DNOSECURE

I get, however:

===> gnu/usr.bin/as
cc -O -DNON_BROKEN_WORDS -DPIC -I/usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/as
-I/usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/as/config  -DOLD_GAS -DSIGTY=void
-Derror=as_fatal  -DSUB_SEGMENT_ALIGN=4 -DFREEBSD_AOUT    -o as
tc-i386.o atof-ieee.o app.o as.o atof-generic.o bignum-copy.o cond.o
expr.o flo-const.o flo-copy.o flonum-mult.o frags.o hash.o hex-value.o
input-file.o input-scrub.o listing.o messages.o obstack.o output-file.o
read.o subsegs.o symbols.o version.o write.o xmalloc.o xrealloc.o
obj-aout.o  -lgnumalloc
ld: -lgnumalloc: no match

Should there not be a -L for gnu/lib/libmalloc in that command line?
Or have I done something wrong?

Thank you for your help.
 Ali.