Date:      Wed, 28 Apr 2021 05:55:55 -0700
From:      Weaver <weaver@riseup.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: video grabber with time line in video

On 28-04-2021 22:43, Matthias Apitz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm running FreeBSD 13.0-CURRENT r368166 (amd64) with recent ports and
> KDE plasma. I can do video grabbing fine with KDE's 'cheese':
>

> cheese-3.38.0_2
> Name           : cheese
> Version        : 3.38.0_2
> Installed on   : Fri Jan  8 16:55:21 2021 CET
> Origin         : multimedia/cheese
> Architecture   : FreeBSD:13:amd64
> Prefix         : /usr/local
> Categories     : gnome multimedia
> Licenses       : GPLv2
> Maintainer     : gnome@FreeBSD.org
> WWW            : http://www.gnome.org/projects/cheese/
> Comment        : Photobooth-inspired app for taking pictures and
> videos from webcam
> Description    :
> Cheese is a Photobooth-inspired GNOME application for taking pictures and
> videos from a webcam. It also includes fancy graphical effects based on the
> gstreamer-backend.
>
> WWW: http://www.gnome.org/projects/cheese/
>
> What I'm missing is a running time line in the picture itself on
> presenting the video in a browser or with mplayer.
>
> Any ideas of some other video grabber?

Ardour would do everything you wanted and a lot more.
You would need to install JACK, but I understand there is precedence for
it running on FreeBSD.
Cheers!

Harry.

--
"'Crazy' is a term of art; 'Insane' is a term of law.
Remember that, and you'll save yourself a lot of trouble."

--Hunter S. Thompson