Date:      Fri, 19 Feb 1999 19:56:02 +0100
From:      Joakim Henriksson <murduth@ludd.luth.se>
To:        SANETO Takanori <sanewo@ba2.so-net.ne.jp>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mfs behaviour change in last couple months?

> Recently (since the end of last year, I guess) I noticed that when
> mounting mfs, heavy disk I/O occurs. It seems that mfs's VM space is
> swapped (or paged) out when it is invoked (or when mfs newfs'es its VM
> space).

I have seen this also, i've even sent in a PR for it bin/9444 if anyone is
interested.

> Could it be because of an mfs implementation change? VM?

This occured for me before any of the changes in the VM system came in so that
is not the culprit anyway. Other than that i have absolutely no idea what
could cause MFS to "touch" a lot of pages.
--
regards/ Joakim