Date:      Fri, 14 Nov 2003 22:51:58 -0000
From:      "James Read" <james@physicalsegment.com>
To:        "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>, =?iso-8859-1?Q?Kov=E1cs_J=E1nos?= <kovacs.janos@ofi.hu>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kernel panic on 4.9-release with nullfs

> But now after some minutes the same crash. I made some other
> dump:
>
> 1: one nullfs-mounted jail at init 6: reboot after panic: null_checkvp
> http://turando.felvi.hu/crash/crash_2.tgz   (~430M)
> http://turando.felvi.hu/crash/gdb.out.2
>

> 2: simply nullfs mounted jails: 2xbind9 (etc,named.conf+zone files,usr);
>       oops proxy(etc,usr); mysqld(etc,usr), djbdns (etc,usr)

Hi, I run sevral jails on 4.9 with a heavey usage of mount_nullfs with
absolutly no crashes or had any problems with it, same with 4.8 (upgraded
from 4.8 to 4.9, no mount_nullfs changes to the box)

In the jails, I run bind,samba,apache,smtp/imap
server(maildir),squid,mysqld,sshd,pureftpd.

This is my mount output:

bash-2.05b# mount
/dev/ad1s1a on / (ufs, local)
/dev/ad1s1f on /tmp (ufs, local, soft-updates)
/dev/ad1s1g on /usr (ufs, local, soft-updates)
/dev/ad1s1e on /var (ufs, local, soft-updates)
procfs on /proc (procfs, local)
/dev/ad3s1 on xxxxx(ufs, local, soft-updates)
/dev/ad4s1 on xxxxxx(ufs, local, soft-updates)
/dev/ad5s1 on xxxxxx(ufs, local, soft-updates)
/dev/ad6s1 on xxxxx(ufs, local, soft-updates)
/usr/ports on /usr/local/jails/xxxxxxx/usr/ports (null, local)
/usr/ports on /usr/local/jails/xxxxxxxxx/usr/ports (null, local)
/usr/ports on /usr/local/jails/xxxxxx/usr/ports (null, local)

Regards,

James

believed to be clean.