Date:      Tue, 17 Oct 2000 19:37:07 -0400
From:      Chris Browning <brownicm@prokyon.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   keyboard mapping problem w/ m4 sendmail config?

I've been trying to configure sendmail (first time) with m4.
If I use one of the included sample .mc files, m4 gives me a
clean sendmail.cf, but when I edit the file, run m4 and then
run sendmail -v -bi, I get this error:

/etc/mail/sendmail.cf: line 1: invalid argument to V line:
"ERSIONID(@(#)tcpprot"
/etc/mail/sendmail.cf: line 3: fileclass: cannot open
ATURE(nouucp): No such file or directory
/etc/mail/sendmail.cf: line 4: MAILER(local): A= argument
required
/etc/mail/sendmail.cf: line 5: MAILER(smtp): A= argument
required

On using hexedit to examine both my edited .mc file and the
sendmail.cf it produces, I see 0A's (backspaces) instead of
0C's (newlines). Which makes "sense" given the errors I see.
Any idea what's up here? I'd rather be asking sendmail
questions.

Thanks.