Date:      Tue, 21 Nov 2000 12:47:00 -0500
From:      Mathew KANNER <mat@cs.mcgill.ca>
To:        Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: socks5

On Nov 21, Christoph Kukulies wrote:
> Anyone having installed socks5 recently.
> The ports says I should grab socks5-v1.0r10.tar.gz  from
> http://www.socks.nec.com.

        I think you may be out of date.
http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/net/socks5/Makefile?rev=1.34&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup
        says that it needs r11 which is what I found on their website.
You do have to sign up first, though.  I also beleive that they call it
the reference implementation.

        This is more of a -questions question.  Try to use that
resource intead next time.

        --Mat

> Cannot find such a file there. ALl they have is eval software.
>
> I want to run napster through a proxy server and thst seems to require socks5.
>

> --
> Chris Christoph P. U. Kukulies kuku@gil.physik.rwth-aachen.de

Mathew Kanner <mat@CS.McGill.CA>  SOCS McGill University
   Obtuse quote: He [not me] understands: "This field of perception
   is void of perception of man." -- The Quintessence of Buddhism