Date:      Tue, 30 Jul 1996 08:03:57 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        FreeBSD-Ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: place for new ports

As Satoshi Asami wrote:

>  * Yes, that's another good idea, maybe better than mine so far.  Would let
>  * me know where they came from, and using GNATS might cut down the noise
>  * factor some even.
>
> We even have a category of our own "ports", shouldn't that coupled
> with "change-request" be enough?

Btw., i noticed that several submissions came with explicitly
mentioning ``The package is...''.  Perhaps the handbook should make it
clear that submitting packages is not necessary since they are being
rebuilt anyway (and FreeBSD.org now even has got a copy of Motif to
rebuild these packages ;-).

--
cheers, J"org