Date:      Fri, 19 Feb 1999 10:57:50 -0800 (PST)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fdisk

The parameters are "synthesised" by assuming that the last sector of the
BSD partition is ion the last sector of the last head of it's cylinder.
so if you are trying ot say that the disk has 2 heads and 10 sectors per
track you would manually set the ending head number to 1 and the ending
sector to 10 (sectors are 1-based)  The fact that the calculations
wouldn't work out don't matter as NOTHING uses those numbers
except the wd driver  in a last ditch attempt to try find a geometry
somewhere.

julian