Date:      Fri, 18 Oct 1996 15:21:45 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Will Mitayai Keeso Rowe <mitayai@dreaming.org>
To:        Brian Tao <taob@io.org>
Cc:        hoek@freenet.hamilton.on.ca, obrien@Nuxi.cs.ucdavis.edu, freebsd-hubs@freebsd.org, FreeBSD misc chating list <FreeBSD-chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Sad state of afairs for US ftp mirrors

On Tue, 15 Oct 1996, Brian Tao wrote:

> On Sun, 13 Oct 1996 hoek@freenet.hamilton.on.ca wrote:
> >
> > Add to this ftp.ca.freebsd.org, which has for a long time not had the
> > FreeBSD stuff available.
>
>     I have a mirror at ftp.io.org:/pub/mirrors/freebsd, if anyone
> wants to use it.  I don't make any guarantees on its completeness or
> timeliness, but it works well enough for me to use whenever an install
> is needed.  I don't mirror the FreeBSD-CVS stuff, but the latest
> snapshots, -stable and -current should all be up to date.

Brian, i use this archive at IO almost exclusively as a mirror except for
{sup,www}.freebsd.org, and i haven't had a prob yet. If you want me too,
i may be willing to keep it up-to-date as i do with the linux site... and
given my preference, perhaps better. :)

I still think ftp.io.org should become ftp.ca.freebsd.org *poke* *poke*
.... you've got the bandwith, you already have the space allocated, it
would be another conntribution to the internet community to add to IO's
long history, and, and, and... i know i've said this before; shut me up
if you get sick of hearing it.

But anyway, YES, ftp.io.org is a great alternative ftp site for freebsd.

And, slackware, too. *grin*

-Mit

			Will Mitayai Keeso Rowe
			 The DreamLabs Network