Date:      Mon, 21 Apr 1997 09:43:15 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Josef Grosch <jgrosch@superior.mooseriver.com>
To:        ben@narcissus.ml.org (Snob Art Genre)
Cc:        mallison@konnections.com, ian@ian.broken.net, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG, jack@diamond.xtalwind.net, jkh@time.cdrom.com, scrappy@hub.org, dyson@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Price of FreeBSD (was On Holy Wars...)

>On Mon, 21 Apr 1997, mike allison wrote:
>
>> I don't know Ian, I know it worked great everywhere I've lived in
>> England (mostly in the North)  Beats the hell out of driving and paying
>> for your own car.  Vancouver had a good system, as does Seattle.
>>
>> In America people refer to it as "The Shame Train".  You take the bus
>> 'cause you can't afford a car.  No one would understand that the
>> train/bus can be easier and more relaxing....They also don't understand
>> that normal people ride the bus....
>>
>> -Mike
>>

>Not always -- growing up in New York, I never learned to drive, because
>the bus and subway systems were so good.

Agree. The mass transit system in NYC is the best in America which is'nt
saying much. Growing up in Lower Manhatten I did'nt drive until I was
almost 20. My father did'nt own a car until I was 17. Only the truely
insane drive into midtown Manhatten during during the week.

Josef

--
Josef Grosch        |   Another day closer to a   |    FreeBSD 2.2.1
jgrosch@sirius.com  |     Micro$oft free world    | UNIX for the masses