Date:      Tue, 11 Apr 2000 16:50:48 -0500
From:      Alan Edmonds <alan.edmonds@sterling.com>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, Simon Clayton <Simon@businessmeetings.com>
Subject:   Re: AMD Athlon Problems

Thanks.  I stand corrected.  I don't have this problem;
I just remember what others have posted.  Search the
-questions archives for details....

John Baldwin wrote:

> On 11-Apr-00 Alan Edmonds wrote:
> > Some people have had luck booting Athlon's by turning on the
> > numlock.  The keyboard probe routine is the culprit.
>
> No, the motherboard's _BIOS_ is the culprit for not setting the
> enhanced keyboard present bit.  I doubt seriously that anyone is
> plugging an ANT 84-key keyboard into their shiny, new Athlon
> machine.
>
> > Good luck,
> > Alan
>
> --
>
> John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org> -- http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/
> PGP Key: http://www.cslab.vt.edu/~jobaldwi/pgpkey.asc
> "Power Users Use the Power to Serve!"  -  http://www.FreeBSD.org/

Alan Edmonds, KB5ZUY               Sterling Software
                                   M/S 132
Phone: +1-972-801-6485             5800 Tennyson Pkwy.
Email: alan.edmonds@sterling.com   Plano, TX, USA  75024