Date:      Fri, 28 Jun 1996 13:07:24 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Bora Akyol <akyol@wireless.Stanford.EDU>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org, davidg@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DE Driver on 2.2 SNAP (Hello , Anybody there!!)

> Hi
>
> The DE 21x4x driver is NOT in the generic kernel that is on the boot.flp
> for 2.2
> SNAP.

Sorry, but I beg to differ:

# Order is important here due to intrusive probes, do *not* alphabetize
# this list of network interfaces until the probes have been fixed.
# Right now it appears that the ie0 must be probed before ep0. See
# revision 1.20 of this file.
device de0
device fxp0
device vx0

> I boot with the 2.1 SNAP and my DEC card is immediately recognized and
> with 2.2 SNAP it is not recognized. This leads me to believe that the
> driver is somehow not in the kernel.

No, I think it's because Matt Thomas's recent changes to the de driver
have somehow mucked up your card.  David?

					Jordan