Date:      Fri, 24 Jul 1998 06:59:30 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        Nicolas.Souchu@prism.uvsq.fr (Nicolas Souchu)
Cc:        dufault@hda.com, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG, mbouget@club-internet.fr
Subject:   Re: I2C and SMB development status

> On Wed, Jul 22, 1998 at 06:28:20AM -0400, Peter Dufault wrote:
> >>
> >> iic: master polled I/O allows to access any chip on the i2c bus
> >
> >What do you mean here by "master polled I/O"?
>
> Master side code, polling the PIN bit.

Shucks, that is the part I need interrupt driven.

> >My schedule doesn't permit it now.  Anyone interested in a non-blocking
> >bit banging implementation should look in the i2cslave code in
> >my i2c code.  Just now I'm more interested in getting some of your work
> >for the PCF since I need the interrupt driven version and haven't gotten
> >around to it yet.
>
> But you known the bit-banging code very well...

Bit banging code?  It is all very vague now...

Seriously, when spare time permits or it becomes part of a project
I'll do that work.  Otherwise I want to ensure there is a trail in
the mailing list archives so that when someone goes to implement
bit banging in your structure they will find these pointers and
can leverage off my work or arrange to have me do it.

Peter

--
Peter Dufault (dufault@hda.com)   Realtime development, Machine control,
HD Associates, Inc.               Safety critical systems, Agency approval