Date:      Sat, 23 Mar 1996 11:54:59 -0500
From:      sysop@gaianet.net (Chad Shackley)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Passwords

Well, I guess I needed to explain it a little more, but the question *WAS*
very simple, how I find out what a user's password is.

The main reason was, people do forget their passwords, and then they ask me
what it is.  Rather than telling them to give me another password and
changing it for them, I was curious if there was a way to tell what their
current password was.  It just makes things a lot speedier if they tell me
they forgot it, I email them with that it is; rather than them telling me
they forgot it, me asking them what they want me to change it to, them
telling me, me changing it, emailing them the new one, and then they finally
can get into their accounts.

Not that I feel sorry for them, I mean you deserve a little punishment if
you forget your password.

Just curious :)

Chad