Date:      Tue, 02 May 2006 21:08:58 +0100
From:      eoghan <freebsd@redry.net>
To:        freebsd-gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   gnome 2.14 issues

Hi
First off thanks to all concerned for the 2.14 update. I have it up and
running. I would like to ask a few questions; perhaps someone can help
me... These have mostly been inherited from my 2.12 build.

First off, my problem with Desktop -> Administration persists.
That is, when i try to open anything in here it prompts for a root
password which it will not accept, message is:
"The entered password is invalid, Check that you typed it correctly and
that you haven't activated the caps lock key"
I am really stuck on this one, was happening to me in 2.12 and I waited
for 2.14. I asked before and no one else seems to be having this issue.
If anyone can give me any clues I would appreciate it.

The new "Login Window" at Desktop -> Administration fails to load with
this error:
"Could not launch menu item Details: Failed to execute child process
'gmdsetup' (No such file or directory)"

I have also noticed (in 2.12 too) that from the Applications -> System
Tools menu, New Login and New Login in a nested window don't load. There
is no error message, just nothing happens. Same with Lock Screen from
the Desktop menu.

I am currently running gnome 2.14.1 on FreeBSB-6.0. If you require any
more details I will provide them.

Thanks
Eoghan