Date:      Mon, 19 Oct 2009 21:38:29 +0900
From:      1wkmmr@gmail.com
To:        Boris Samorodov <bsam@ipt.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [Fwd: Re: acroread9 crashes after maybe 10 seconds of operation.]

Unfortunately, the map_at_zero sysctl didn't work for me.  The
following massage still recorded in dmesg.

> linux: pid 1378 (acroread): syscall inotify_init not implemented

I set the sysctl variable just before the kernel boot.  After loading
kernel and modules and before booting the kernel, escape to the
command line mode of the loader, and type set
security.bsd.map_at_zero=1, then boot.

Something wrong?

Samorodov <bsam@ipt.ru>:
> darcsis@gmail.com (Denise H. G.) writes:
>
>> the same problem here for the port on 8.0-RC1.
>> And I tried to use zh_CN-acroread8, but it does not even start up, just
>> aborts before the GUI appears.
>
> Try this:
> -----
> # sysctl security.bsd.map_at_zero=1
> -----
>
> If that helps then updating to a more resent 8.0 (without setting
> this sysctl) should help. For more information take a look at
> security@ maillist. HTH
>
> --
> WBR, bsam

---