Date:      Tue, 15 Oct 2002 20:19:37 +0200
From:      David Schmidt <david.schmidt@submeta.de>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: About rc.firewall

Hi,

On Tuesday 15 October 2002 19:32, budsz wrote:
> What is the relation between firewall_type in /etc/rc.conf and the same
> statement; firewall_type in rc.firewall? Is it enough if i only define
> the firewall_type just once; In rc.firewall only?

If I'm not wrong, rc.firewall ist just a script that will be started with=
 the=20
parameters you determined in rc.conf. So, if you determined as firewall_t=
ype=20
e.g. OPEN only the statements in the subsection OPEN in rc.firewall will =
be=20
executed and not the others in the subsections like SIMPLE or CLOSED.

Best regards,
                       David