Date:      Tue, 2 May 2000 15:26:24 -0700
From:      Nate Puri <natepuri@office.ompages.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ppp -auto -nat problems...

Hi all,

My ppp NAT is now working...  I can ping the internet from clients, but only
from NIX clients.  My win98 clients do not ping the internet...

I have in my /etc/rc.conf file set,

gateway_enable="YES"
ppp_enable="YES"
ppp_mode="auto"
ppp_nat="YES"
ppp_profile="papchap"

I'm a little more used to hand configuring pppd with ipfw and ipnat commands.

But in FBSD this seems to be the most popular may, i.e., user-ppp and
the rc.conf settings.  What have a done wrong here?  Why won't my win98
clients ping the internet?  I've configured in the Win98 network/control_panel
dialog, the gateway setting as my LAN server.  Any ideas?  Thanks...

By the way, this box is also a SAMBA box for the Win98 clients.  Also
when I try to telnet from the Win98 boxes to the LAN server, the connection
is refused.  Please help...

#FreeBSD 4.0-RELEASE
#SAMBA 2.0.x

-nate